Monday, January 24, 2011

Valentine's Day Ruffle Balls

Here are are some simple, fast, cheap and pretty Valentine's Day decorations. I used 3 inch Styrofoam balls and less than a 1/2 a yard of 72 inch wide felt for each ball. I cut out about 2 inch circles, folded them in half and folded them in half again. Then I took short straight pins and pinned them through the corners and into the Styrofoam balls. I alternated the way each circle faced to make the ruffles.
I used the same technique to make this beautiful heart. I Love this wreath! The only thing right now is that I cannot find anymore Styrofoam hearts at any craft stores :( That's why I ended up making the balls. I used 3/4 yard felt to make the heart.

The funny/sad story about this heart is the day after I finished it, I had it laying on my table and my dog took it outside (through his doggy door) when I wasn't home and pulled out each and every ruffle. He is very gentle so I was able to put it all back together without replacing any of the items.
Happy Valentine's Day!!

This post is linked up to these great parties!:


Texas Monkey LINKPARTYBUTTON
UndertheTableandDreaming

3 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! That heart wreath is gorgeous! Glad you were able to save them from your doggie! I'm proud to be your first follower and thanks so much for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All so very pretty. :) We'd have to save the balls from our kitties! :) I'm following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Featured this tonight! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like and hope you'll link up again this week!

    ReplyDelete